Dried Hibiscus Powder
Hibiscus powder is traditionally used for making a local sweet and spicy hot drink called Sobolo (recipe coming soon!). It has health benefits such as lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and it also has a high content of vitamin C.
Hibiscus powder is really versatile and can be used for cooking as well as beauty products.
Not sure where to start? Check out our hibiscus recipes here !
How to Use
Hibiscus Powder can be added to soaps and bars to give a gentle exfoliation or try this lovely sugar scrub recipe.
This all-natural body scrub will leave your skin so soft and moisturized! You only need six simple ingredients, and most of them are found in your kitchen!
What are the benefits of sugar scrubs? Sugar scrubs are great for exfoliating and moisturizing your skin, helps to avoid ingrown hairs, as well as brightens and evens out your skin texture.
To find more hibiscus recipes, check out our blogs here .
- Mix the white sugar with the Baraka Coconut Oil slowly until well incorporated.
- Add the almond oil and vitamin E.
- Stir in the Baraka Hibiscus Petals and any essential oils.
- Store in an airtight container and now you have a luxurious sugar scrub!
THE HIBISCUS PLANT
- Scientific name: Hibiscus sabdariffa L. Family: Malvaceae (mallows)
- Synonyms: Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, Gudahal, Jawa, Mondaro, Odophulo, Dasnigae, Dasavala, Jasud, Jasuva, Dasani, Dasanamu, Sevarattai, Sembaruthi, Oru, Joba, Japa Kusum, Garden Hibiscus, China rose, Angharaehindi, Shoeblackplant
- INCI name: HIBISCUS SABDARIFFA FLOWER POWDER Cosmetic Ingredient (INCI)
- Latin name: Hibiscus rosa-sinensis
- Certificate of Analysis: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy
Why Choose Baraka?
Shipping + Returns
DRIED HIBISCUS POWDER
FROM OUR HANDS TO YOURS
Each order gives the dignity of income to the hard-working women. For most families, this is the mainstay of their economy.
No chemicals, additives, animal testing, or harsh industrial processing. Just pure, natural dried hibiscus powder.
Every time you purchase Baraka’s dried hibiscus powder, you have a direct impact on the women, families, and communities in northern Ghana. Not only does your order provide the dignity of income to hardworking women but helps support educational and economic projects in the community.
There are a number of benefits pointed to the use of hibiscus ranging from the aid in weight loss to the possibility of improving liver or heart health and fighting hair loss.
Here are some benefits from using hibiscus:
FOR GENERAL HEALTH
- May improve digestion: Hibiscus is a mild diuretic, which eases constipation and regulates bowel movement.
- Promotes weight loss: Hibiscus lowers the absorption of glucose and starch from carbohydrate rich foods. So, it helps in maintaining a healthy weight.
- May prevent anaemia: As hibiscus is high in iron, it increases the haemoglobin level in the body. This may prevent and even help in curing anaemia.
FOR YOUR SKIN
- Anti-ageing properties make skin firm and prevent wrinkles.
- Regenerates skin cells by producing a mild exfoliating effect.
- Removes dead skin cells to reveal softer and lighter skin.
- Has anti-oxidant properties to keep the skin healthy and glowing.
- Has anti-bacterial properties to aid in removing acne with the presence of Vitamin C.
FOR YOUR HAIR
- Strengthens hair roots
- Rejuvenates hair by preventing premature greying and promotes fresh hair growth.
- Offers nourishment to your scalp and hair improving the overall quality.
- Aids in the removal of dandruff