One way that you can take care of your hands is by giving yourself a DIY Natural Manicure. When you add a calm atmosphere, relaxing music and soothing scents, you can create a serene experience for yourself to melt into relaxation mode and enjoy some well-deserved “me time”.
There are many different ways that you can treat your hands to a manicure. The following is just one example of steps you can take:
- Soak your hands in warm water, scented with your favourite essential oil(s), flowers or even bath salts.
- Push back your cuticles with a wood cuticle stick (remember to be gentle). You can also clean underneath each nail at this time.
- Use a sugar or salt scrub to gently exfoliate your hands. The exfoliation process can help to eliminate dead and dry skin that causes that rough feeling. We all want hands as soft as a baby’s bottom, right?.
- Trim or file your nails to the desired length and shape (square with rounded corners makes them more resistant to cracks and tears).
- Moisturize your hands using a balm or hand lotion that contains rich, nourishing and natural Baraka Shea Butter.
During the last step, be sure to give yourself some extra pampering by taking the time to gently massage the lotion into your skin. Be sure to cover all areas including both sides of your hands as well as around the cuticles and even on each nail. If you have access to a pair of gloves, you can wear them to help your skin retain the moisture for an extended period of time. Another option is to wear a pair of socks on your hands; while this may look silly, it does the job!
You deserve this care and so do your hands. We hope you enjoy this treatment as much as we do!